News : Salford Advantage Industry Advice Scheme
Date: Feb 03, 2014
Thinking about life after University?
The Salford Advantage Industry Advice Scheme is a mentoring scheme for students looking to find out more about their preferred career path after graduation. Mentors are recruited from individuals currently working within a range of private, public and 'third sector' industries. You will benefit from the experience and insight of a business professional from within your chosen sector.
Benefits to mentees (students)
- Developing skills and confidence to enter your chosen profession
- An insight into a specific sector
- Someone to share concerns about the move from University into employment
- Signposting by the University to career development workshops and initiatives
- 1:1 appointments with a Careers Consultant for CV development, application forms and interview techniques to put into practice things discussed with mentors
The project runs from March until May 2014 and the deadline for applications to be matched with an Industry Advice mentor is 5.00pm, Sunday 23 February 2014.
If you are a student and would like to benefit from the insight of a mentor, please click here for more information and to complete an application form.
More information about the scheme and how to get involved can be found at www.careers.salford.ac.uk/page/industryadvicescheme or you can contact Julia Spencer from the Salford Advantage Team on 0161 295 0481 or at J.M.Spencer@Salford.ac.uk.
Connect with us!